Anna LeBaron is the author of The Polygamist’s Daughter: A Memoir, the story of her life in and escape from a violent polygamist cult led by her father. In this episode, Eli and Laura talk with Anna about the trials and abuse she endured during those years and how her escape at the age of 13 began a process of healing and growth built on a foundation of faith in God – God the proud Father, God the nurturing Spirit, and God the trustworthy friend and sibling embodied in Jesus. In a future episode, we will continue our conversation with Anna and delve more deeply into her work as a book launcher coach, social media coach, and personal growth activist.
- “It was like the enemy knew who I was and said, ‘We can’t have that.'” 9:45
- “If you were planted in hard soil, you’re not alone. He is with you.” 18:20
- “If you’re alive and breathing and listening to this, He’s not done with you.” 28:37
- “Freedom isn’t the absence of someTHING… it’s the presence of someONE.” 31:35
- “I can dance like a crazy person and love every second of it.” 39:34
One of more than fifty children of infamous, polygamist cult leader, Ervil LeBaron, Anna LeBaron endured abandonment, horrific living conditions, child labor, and sexual grooming. At age thirteen, she escaped the violent cult, gave her life to Christ, and sought healing. Her book, The Polygamist’s Daughter: A Memoir, was published in 2017. A gifted speaker, social media coach, book launch coach, and personal growth activist, Anna is passionate about helping others walk in freedom. She lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and loves being Mom to five grown children and Yaya to her first grandchild.