It’s a crossover event! On April 20th, the longest and shortest running Episcopal podcasts* took over Middle Way at the Church of Bethesda-By-The-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida. Listen as Popping Collars co-hosts, Greg Knight and Betsy Carmody, join us, Eli and Laura, to discuss how podcasting has informed the way we think about faith and life.
*don’t quote me (Laura) on this, but it is probably true… it feels true
About Popping Collars:
A podcast where priests, pastors, ministers, and religious thinkers from around the country make meaning about what people are binge watching, tweeting about, trolling on message boards, and celebrating on blogs.
- “We had similar calls to nothing.” 2:11
- “My podcast hosts… are my colleague group.” 10:04
- “I see the podcast as an extension of my social group, in a way, and so I go, what do I want to talk with my friends about that I’m not hearing them talk about that I know we want to talk about?” 18:24
- “It’s all about incorporation, right? It’s not about box over here with Jesus and box over here with rest of life. All of this stuff is linked together.” 20:24
- “The thing that I love about the podcast is being able to talk with my friends, my smart friends, and hearing them say smart things.” 23:51